Having a damaged tooth doesn’t just affect your appearance but also ruins your teeth’ functionality. When you’re looking for a long-lasting solution that gives you a better smile, dental crowns are the solution.
When getting veneers New Hyde Park, you might not know what the right choice is simply because there are so many. Here is how you can choose the best dental crown for your needs:
Trust Your Dentist’s Recommendations
A dental crown is a synthetic cover attached to the top of a tooth or tooth implant. When you have a Lake Success dentist that you regularly visit and who has recommended getting a dental crown, you should ask them for their advice.
Rigorous education and experience guarantee that any dentist in Lake Success will know which dental crown best suits your needs. Ensure that you are visiting a dentist that is known to be reliable and trustworthy, so you feel confident about their recommendations.
Know Your Options
Before you agree to your dentist’s recommendations about which dental crown would be best for your needs, you might want to know what you’re getting into. There are many different kinds of dental crowns that are available today, and you should know your options before choosing one:
- Porcelain: They appear natural when fitted onto teeth and are especially ideal for front teeth restorations. However, they do lack durability compared to other options. They are more likely to chip in comparison to other materials used for dental crowns.
- Metal: Depending on your preferences, you may find silver and gold metal options for dental crowns. While they are not completely made of gold or silver (as they are soft metals), their appearance makes them seem real. They are highly durable and don’t wear down easily.
- Composite: Made from resin and, as such available in a natural off-white color. They don’t have the best durability, especially when chewing. Regular brushing can wear them down over time, leading to discoloration.
- Zirconia: It is a new option that is very strong and highly durable. But on the flip side, they are too strong and can wear down the surrounding teeth.
- Lithium Distillate: It has a natural look and good durability. You can find this to be one of the most popular options at a dentist’s office.
Factoring In Cost
When you are looking to make the right choice regarding your dental crown, you have to consider the price. Is what you’re paying appropriate for the material and durability of the dental crown? Veneers Hyde Park can be found at varying prices, depending on where you go, but you have to then consider the quality as well.
Looking for Professional Dental Crown Procedures? We Can Help
Finding a good dentist, Lake Success, NY can be challenging, so Newbury Dental Group is here to help. We can help you find the best dental crown for your needs that can last years. Make it easier for your oral health and your budget when you’re working with us.
Call us today at 805-519-8136 to find out more.